Last Updated: 09/14/2017
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide to Us
When you "sign up" with Borrowize, "opt-in" to our receiving email communications from Borrowize, or otherwise use our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain information such as: (1) information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name and/or email address ("Personal Information"); and (2) other information about things like your income, gender or household. For example, we may collect Personal Information or other information directly from you through various other forms and places throughout the Services, including "Contact Us" form, or when you otherwise interact with us in order to provide or enhance our Services. We may combine non-personal information with Personal Information, but we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
The Services are operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States.
The Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13. We will delete any Personal Information collected that we determine to be from a user younger than the age 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information or other information to us, please contact us at [email protected] via email or contact us by mail at: Borrowize Co., 9350 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 203, Beverly Hills, California 90212.
Information We Collect As You Access And Use The Services
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain information telling us how you access or interact with the Services ("Usage Information"). For an explanation of the technical terms we use below, see our Glossary, below. The Usage Information we may collect includes:
- Device and browser information. We automatically receive and record information that your browser sends when you are using our Services. This may include information such as your IP address or other Device Identifier, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your Device.
- Log information. When you use our Services, we may use certain technologies and methods for collecting Usage Information about how you interact with our Services. For example, we may collect Usage Information through cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons or embedded scripts.
- Location information. We may also use information like your IP address or other Device Identifiers for approximate location information, like your city or state.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
Information Third Parties Collect
2. How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, optimize and improve our Services, and to enhance our user experience. For instance, we may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Usage Information. We use Usage Information for general purposes: to enhance or otherwise improve the Services, to customize our content and the offers for financial products and services you see, to develop new services, conduct research, and provide anonymous or aggregated reporting internally and to our business partners. We do not store your Personal Information in cookies or log files on your Device, but identifiers in such cookies or log files may be tied to your Personal Information in our systems.
- Service-related Announcements. We will send you service-related announcements. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these non-promotional communications.
- Customer Service. We may use your email address or other Personal Information to: (a) contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, (b) to address intellectual property, right of privacy or defamation issues related to content you have posted on the Services, and/or (c) to send you promotional materials, offers, and/or messages related to the Services and the activities of third parties we work with. Generally, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications, by following the "unsubscribe" instructions included in each email message or by contacting us directly at [email protected].
3. How Is Your Information Shared?
Borrowize does not share, sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for any purpose except in the following circumstances:
- When you request answers through our Services. Borrowize may provide your information to third party experts, advocates, and advisors in order to address requests or comments submitted by you through our Services.
- With Your Consent. We will share your Personal Information with parties outside of Borrowize when we have your consent.
To request removal of your Personal Information from User Content, contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information from such User Content, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- When Third Parties Provide Services on Our Behalf. We may use third party service providers or vendors to support or perform certain aspects of the Services on our or your behalf, such as hosting the Services, designing or operating the Services’ features, tracking the Services’ analytics, providing data used, directly or indirectly, in connection with the Services, marketing the Services, enabling Borrowize to contact you with offers or performing other administrative services. In connection with our Services, these third party service providers or vendors may also set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you.
- For Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (each a "Promotion") through the Services or through social media or other channels. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons. See "How Do We Use The Information Collected - Administrative and Legal Reasons".
4. Cookies and Online Tracking
Advertising Service Providers
Disclosure Regarding Google Analytics Advertising Features
In addition to services from other Advertising Service Providers, we utilize the following Google Analytics Advertising Features as part of our marketing analytics and advertising: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Platform integrations and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and may use other services provided by Google Analytics from time to time. Google provides users an opportunity to opt-out of the Google Analytics Features through Google’s Ads Settings and their web browser opt-out plugin. For additional information on opting out of interest-based ads by Google, visit here.
Do Not Track Signals
5. How Do I Change My Communications Preferences?
You may adjust your communications preferences by electing not to receive newsletters or alert emails by following the "unsubscribe" instructions included in each email.
6. Other Important Information About The Services
Security Practices Policy Statement
Borrowize maintains physical, electronic, administrative and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information. You are responsible for controlling access to your communications from Borrowize, at all times. However, Borrowize cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Borrowize or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Although we take steps to secure your information, we provide no warranties, nor should you expect, that your information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their information. Borrowize is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party or Provider.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can send an email to us at [email protected].
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s "Shine the Light" law, California Civil Code § 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers (those who have an established business relationship with us) asking about the business’ practices related to disclosing Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share customer information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and California’s Shine the Light law therefore does not apply to Borrowize.
For additional information, or if you have questions regarding this policy or privacy practices at Borrowize, please submit your questions or comments directly to [email protected] via email or write to us at: Borrowize Co., 9350 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 203, Beverly Hills, California 90212.
Glossary of Technical Terms:
- Device. The computer or other device you used to access the Services.
- Device Identifier. An alphanumeric identifier that is automatically assigned to your Device that our computers use to identify your Device.
- Embedded Scripts. We may use embedded scripts or similar methods when you access our Services. An embedded script is programming code that collects information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our server or that of a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Flash cookie. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device.
- Web beacons. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images or other web programming code we may place on web or mobile pages, or other parts of the Services (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs"). We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, such as counting users of the Services, monitoring how users navigate the Services, determining whether emails we sent were actually opened or counting views of particular articles or links. In contrast to cookies, which may be stored on your Device’s hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.